The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is the most distinctive tax reform India has seen in the 70 years since its Independence. It has affected most businesses producing goods and services in the country. The tax has become applicable from 1st July 2017. It has also forced many micro, small, and medium enterprises to search for accountants to help in the filing of GST. This has opened many avenues for CAs and software developers. In this article, we will know Top GST Software in India.
To help companies deal with GST, a number of software companies are providing GST software to help in filing returns, creating invoices and more. Here are the top three GST software in the Indian market.
Top GST Software in India
#1. Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
The Tally.ERP 9 Release 6 is developed by Tally, a business management software solution company. It offers the following features:
- Quick setup for filling in your GST details
- Supports GST billing and all your business’s other GST transactions
- Hassle-free filing of tax returns
- Easy detection and correction of errors while filing your business’s tax returns
- Seamlessly export your GST returns into Microsoft Excel. This will let you easily upload or share returns with your Chartered Accountant (CA) or tax practitioner.
- The recent 6.0.2 release of the software, which was launched on 8th July 2017, also offers easy printing of HSN/SAC codes
#2. JioGST Compliance Application
The JioGST Compliance Application is developed by Reliance Jio, the telecom arm of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL). This GST app offers the following features:
- You may upload and submit all returns using a secure data network
- The app is able to integrate multiple input formats and software
- Manage your tax compliance through an MIS dashboard
- Maintain, evaluate, and reconcile tax ledgers
- Through this app, your tax consultant is able to review and validate your returns
- It supports many users with user-level authorization controls
- It lets you file GSTR1, GSTR2, and GSTR3
- Supports input tax credit reconciliation and vendor tax credit reconciliation
#3. ClearTax GST Software
This software is developed by ClearTax, a technology company specializing in the tax domain. It offers the following features:
- As it is a cloud-based software, it doesn’t need desktop installation
- Enables bulk import of account data for multiple clients and businesses into Excel sheets or other templates
- Makes sure that all invoices are error free
- Automatically determines whether a sale is to be made interstate (outside the State) or intra-state (within the State)
- Facilitates the creation of contact master data for all customers and goods or services
- The software makes it easy to collect customers’ GSTIN
- Automate vendor reconciliation and communication
- The insights and automation provided by the software help you save tax
If you haven’t yet got your business GST ready, do it immediately. You may choose one of the above software as it will help you speed up the process of making your business GST compliant.